What's new

Location of the server

Athens

Stranger
2017 Veteran
Here is a US map. Where is the state located at in the lore? It isn't the in the mid-west.

I made a map with the best locations for the map and I suggest in the south west coat near Los Angeles

Austin

Stranger
Stranger
2017 Veteran
Server is located in Poland, state is Mazovia, county is Warszawa, and its located in city Warsaw, street is Rondo Dmowskiego. :p

Athens

Stranger
2017 Veteran
Austin post_id=3324 time=1502575239 user_id=188 said:
Server is located in Poland, state is Mazovia, county is Warszawa, and its located in city Warsaw, street is Rondo Dmowskiego. :p
Oh noice. Maybe we could raid the server.

Seriously though. Where is the map located in the lore?

Sarunas

Stranger
2017 Veteran
During the early 19th century, San Andreas became an independent state from the United States when a colony of settlers from Texas discovered the island and claimed independence. The beginning years for the state were rough due to lack of trading from both Mexico and the United States, immigrants from both countries beginning to move to the island, and conflict with the natives of the island.
San Andreas is an independent state, it doesn't belong to the USA. It is located on an island and was founded by settlers from Texas and Mexico, so it would make sense for it to be somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. However, you can see that San Andreas borders both Mexico and Canada in the map below:

That means only one thing - San Andreas is a fictional independent state and can not be located in a normal map.

Athens

Stranger
2017 Veteran
Sarunas post_id=3434 time=1502621495 user_id=328 said:
During the early 19th century, San Andreas became an independent state from the United States when a colony of settlers from Texas discovered the island and claimed independence. The beginning years for the state were rough due to lack of trading from both Mexico and the United States, immigrants from both countries beginning to move to the island, and conflict with the natives of the island.
San Andreas is an independent state, it doesn't belong to the USA. It is located on an island and was founded by settlers from Texas and Mexico, so it would make sense for it to be somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. However, you can see that San Andreas borders both Mexico and Canada in the map below:

That means only one thing - San Andreas is a fictional independent state and can not be located in a normal map.
Mhm, true. Btw, what is Canada doing in there? It didn't gain independence till 1867 even then it was a self governing nation within the British empire itself till 1931. So.

Dignity

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Stranger
2016 Veteran
That map is more of a draft than anything else. If you guys want it to be more historically accurate feel free to suggest changes.

Athens

Stranger
2017 Veteran
Dignity post_id=3895 time=1502794598 user_id=2 said:
That map is more of a draft than anything else. If you guys want it to be more historically accurate feel free to suggest changes.

Feel free to crop the LV area.

EL_Ratatorsk

Stranger
Stranger
2017 Veteran
Make it an island complex somewhere off the west coast. Around the Tropic of Cancer perhaps.. it would fit right in ; )

Or even on the east coast so it gets easier access to Europe, resulting in quicker spread of post-era tech.

Athens

Stranger
2017 Veteran
EL_Ratatorsk post_id=4040 time=1502830970 user_id=104 said:
Make it an island complex somewhere off the west coast. Around the Tropic of Cancer perhaps.. it would fit right in ; )

Or even on the east coast so it gets easier access to Europe, resulting in quicker spread of post-era tech.
There are a few problems with the current location that it's in and the place where you're talking about. Placing it in the east coast would completely ruin the lore of the server as it won't make it wild west RP anymore. I agree about the west coast. Maybe near Oregon, but the problem with it is settling would be delayed as it's harder to reach. The current problem is that at the bay of Mexico it would've been colonized in the early 1500's by the Spanish due to being the Caribbean. The best choice is Oregon. I made a mistake.

EL_Ratatorsk

Stranger
Stranger
2017 Veteran
When talking about the 'east coast' I meant in the gulf of Mexico, off the Mexican coast, south of Texas. I didn't clarify it well enough.
But yeah it makes more sense regardless to have it in the west.

el fabian

Stranger
Stranger
2017 Veteran
I suggest it's not roleplayed as an actual island but as a territory of southern California that seceded from the Union during the Mexican-American war, since it's 1850. The island thing isn't as viable as being an actual continental piece of land, despite the physical OOC map being surrounded by water.